Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why reading the label before laundering is important....

Yesterday I created a creative to-do list on my phone of projects I wanted to work on while I had a Tuesday off work. This morning I got to work on my most exciting project: embroidery. I had purchased the materials late last week to start the project to use the gorgeous embroidery hoops my mom snagged from some of the remaining items from my late great-grandmother's estate. I found gorgeous off-white fabric in the remnant bin at JoAnn's and some even more beautiful embroidery thread with a gift card from my boss at Michael's.

This morning I used my iron transfer pen to trace my word onto tissue paper so that I could then transfer it to said fabric and begin trying my hand at embroidery.

Turns out my beautiful remnant...was not iron safe.



The fabric is obviously ruined...well at least that portion of it. And my stencil that I hovered over for 30 minutes to trace it ever so carefully is ruined too.

Not to mention I now need to clean the sticky mess off of my iron....


Guess I just have to put this one in the FAIL category and try again with melt-proof fabric.

So on to the next project on my list. Here's a preview.


No clue right? More information soon :)

P.S. There was no label for me to read on my fabric, but I should have tested a small area before ruining the big piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment