Monday, December 26, 2011

Reverb 11: Catching up #10-13.

10. Soul Food
How do you nourish your soul? What activities are essential nutrients for your soul’s well-being?
Reading-- Even if that just means perusing the Internet and my favorite blogs, spending time increasing my knowledge base is refreshing. That being said, I would like to do more reading of actual books in 2012.
Family Time-- Being home with Vince, spending time with his family, being with my created family of friends, and making the trek to Iowa to be with my family of origin are all the times that make everything else worth it. It's family that know you and who can be honest with you in ways that those who aren't on that level cannot. And sometimes, sometimes I just need someone to set me straight when I'm having difficulty getting there by myself.
Watching My Shows-- I watch tv. I have a lot of shows that I love, a LOT of shows. And I sometimes feel silly about it or that I'm wasting time but you know what? I love them. I love the characters. I love watching the stories develop. I catch myself mimicking the emotions being displayed on the screen: they laugh, I laugh (everyone does this right?); but if they are frowning, so am I; and if they are crying I usually am too. I can feel the joy of the characters, the sadness, and sometimes the characters feel real. And I don't feel guilty for watching hours of tv, because these shows lead to conversations with people, and sometimes they challenge your thinking. 
Quiet time--- Lately this has happened when I am driving back from dropping off a client. I have spent a lot of time reflecting, challenging myself in my head (sometimes aloud to myself too). I've reflected a lot more on where I am and where I'm going and I think that it's really made me "grow up" more by doing so. I also enjoy quiet time as a couple when Vince and I can just be, just snuggle up and relax together. Especially great on weekend mornings with fresh muffins.
Creating-- I have loved finding ideas around the blogoshpere and pinterest and bringing the to life. I've challenged myself in learning the basics of sewing and other new skills and doing so while listening to some tunes just realigns everything. 
11. Anticipation
What is the one thing that you are most looking forward to in 2012?
One thing? Just ONE. I'm going to pick growing as our little family of two. I was just telling Vince the other day how much I feel like he and I have grown since we met in April of 2010. It truly hasn't been that long but we have come into our own individually and as a couple and it's been beautiful. I am anticipating that 2012 will be just as fruitful for us.
12. Mistakes
It’s easy to focus on our mistakes—to reflect with 20/20 hindsight and berate ourselves for what went wrong. Bring your awareness to a mistake you’ve made over the past year. Unveil one positive lesson from that mistake. How can you actively use this lesson moving forward?
It's hard to pinpoint a specific mistake, or maybe I just don't want to be that honest on here. I have learned much in the 2011. I have tested my own patience, learned that I can be jealous as a monster, I have challenged myself mentally and not as much physically. All of these things I have reflected on and hopefully grown from. That's what being 25/26 is about and I'm happy to say that I feel more me now than ever before. So I choose not to claim a mistake and instead choose lessons. 
13. Love
What are the things (or people or animals) in this world that you love the most.
I cherish my family and friends, Vince, my guinea piggies (Baxter and Bruno). I have more joy and love in my heart than I have ever realized before and I think that's because I also have learned to love myself for who and I am and where I am right now which makes loving and appreciating others a whole lot easier and more enjoyable. 
I also love books, tangible, paper, and especially used beautiful books. I love my blogs and pinterest. I love cooking and crafting. I love my new car that is an incredible improvement from my last. I love my job which has brought me some amazing, funny, and challenging clients that continue to make me grow as a professional. 
I love my life and I am more than in love with the fact that I can wholeheartedly say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment