Monday, December 19, 2011

Limits and Super Powers

2011 saw me testing my personal limits as I worked to finish my Masters degree which meant completing a 600 hour internship on top of mg normal school and hall director responsibilities. I truly am not certain how everything got done, but I do know that I felt stretched thin, that I didn't feel as though I could do the highest quality work on any of these areas, and that I got terrible hives over and over for months (luckily on my legs so I didnt look crazy!)
On the positive side I did learn that I can push myself hard to accomplish a lot more than I thought and also that setting limits for your own sanity is VERY important. I learned to say no to things knowing fully that in the previous 2 years I would have jumped at the opportunity. True some people probably thought I should have stepped up for more and at times I felt guilty, by if I had added that o e other thing to my plate it would have broken.
Now on to being limitless, having a super power! I have often been asked this question in interviews or team builders and I always struggle. I don't know that its a lack of imagination or not watching enough cartoons or movies but I just can never been too creative.
If I'm searching hard for my desired powers I would have to say being invisible. Not so I can shy away and hide but so that I could spy on people. Be the fly on the wall. What can I say, I am and always have been nosey. I hate not being privy to information. It's tortuous. I have an insatiable need to know what's going on. So maybe I would like invisibility and the ability to walk through walls so I can hear and see whatever I want.
PS I have been busy on a couple of projects, so are gifts so details won't be up til after the holidays. Buuuttt I have my pics all finished for one so maybe tomorrow morning I can get it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment