Friday, May 3, 2013

Garage Sale Season

It's that time of year where you see hand drawn advertisements popping up with the dandelions.  I plan to stop at some in the coming weeks in search of some bargain goods to fix up for our home.

I'm cheap folks. We bought our furniture full price, well on sale according to Gardner White, and guess what...I want mismatched furniture now! Not this perfectly curated to match business. Not this oay for 18 months because its crazy overpriced business.

Unfortunately,  or maybe fortunately,  the furniture has held up well for the 3 years and move that we have had it. And actually I'm not even looking for living room furniture so I will step off that soapbox. What I'm looking for at the sales of the garage variety are:

1. Patio furniture. Nothing big, couple of chairs, small table or even just a side table to set my coffee mug on. Also prefer a paintable option.

2. Side tables. I stole pur living room side tables to use as bedside tables. Now we have a tv tray as a side table. Just need one, and want something different than the run of the mill.

3. Shelves. Storage shelves, nothing fancy. 

4. Book shelves for our office.

5. Knick nacky bullsh*t. I would like to find a tall skinny-ish vase that I could spray paint. Maybe one of those little wooden drink trays. And whatever else strikes my fancy.

Not so much to ask for, right? Happy hunting to my fellow garbage, I mean garage, salers!

PS I'm also not above curb finds, I stalk our neighborhood trash mornings. No shame in my game!

No comments:

Post a Comment