Sunday, May 5, 2013

5.5. Blog Adoration

My Google Reader (please don't go!) Is chock full of blogs. Most days I have 200+ new items but there are two or three blogs that as soon as they pop up I read them immediately.  Because I can't pick just one, I'm choosing three, Jenni said there were no rules in this challenge.
Also, I have never met any of the authors of these blogs but I sure would like to!
Once, I commented on a post and she responded and I was so tickled pink it was a little embarrassing. Aidan writes about life, being a New Yorker,  motherhood, marriage, and whole lot of other wonderfulness. She keeps it real while also maintaining some privacy which I find impressive for a blogger. She also is a published author which I  think is pretty awesome. She has taken some time off recently but since she posts first thing in the morning most days she is often the first thing I read in the morning, and the fact that it is the first thing I put in my brain every day, whether it is something though provoking or just a snippet of life, I'm always glad I read it.
I stumbled upon Rachel's blog late last year when I was preparing to get married and having big questions abput what being a wife would mean and about my own faith and religion. Her posts are incredibly well researched, compassionate, and well-written. She has opened my mind to religion in a way that makes it okay for my to be critical and to ask why about things rather than the blind faith I thought was required to belong to organized religion. Check out her book, A Year of Biblical Womanhood, too it is a great read.
John & Sherry are well known around the blogsphere because they do amazing house projects. They are very fun to read because they don't take themselves too seriously and feel like they could be your bff's so easily. There site is also incredibly well organized which makes finding projects from their archives easy peasy. I'm always wondering what project they will tackle next!
That's it! My top three blogs! Wouldn't it be amazing to someday be in someone else's top 3?
This month I am participating in Every Day in May, a blogging challenge hosted by Jenni @ Story of My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment