Friday, October 7, 2011

Spice Girls: Taco Seasoning

As I've grown much more confident in my culinary abilities I've been much more daring and into taking risks in the kitchen. Ask V, they don't always turn out as I envision, but I can't think of anything we couldn't consume, just recipes that need a little lot of tweaking.

After deciding at lunch time that we wanted tacos for dinner and knowing fully that I used our last pre-made seasoning packet when we had tacos on...Monday....I thought to myself that it couldn't really be that difficult to make my own. Besides, I reasoned, I bet I have most of the spices already.

After a quick search of "taco seasoning" on my handy-dandy Pinterest I found many great options like this (which also has a plethora of other recipes I now want to try) and this and ultimately to eventually to Smell's Like Home's recipe which I whipped up in the amount of time that it takes to measure out 9 teaspoon/teaspoon and a half quantities.

The result was delicious taco seasoning with extra for a few more batches when we get the craving again, which knowing us will be soon. But if not, SLH says it will keep in it's air tight container for 6 months. Yay! I recommend trying this out as it is sooo easy (insert ingredients, cover container, shake) and delicious. Plus there's the health benefits of no MSG and reduced salt but tons of flavor.

Who doesn't love homemade goodness?

No comments:

Post a Comment