Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterest Project: Yarn Covered Alphabet Soup

I've seen all kinds of creative letters on pinterest since joining the site a couple of months ago. Also a couple of months ago I found two white wooden letters at Michaels on clearance for a buck. An "H" and a "T" I wanted to find a "V" but no luck. That's what happens with clearance aisles.

Well the letters have sat there, waiting for me to make them beautiful. And finally I decided to go the yarn-wrapped route. I used yarn I already had at home that I also thought would look nice in my dining/office space. And it ended up looking like this.



Wrapping an "H" in yarn is hard work folks. My friend Rachel informed me it was challenging, and although it didn't take me the 8 hours it took her, I did watch a good portion of the Green Zone, a war flick that was quite enticing in both plot and man eye candy.

Anyway it wasn't perfect and I knew I wanted it to look a little fancier than that so I thought about the 40 flowers I made in this post and remembered the grey fabric I had leftover from my yellow and grey cork board project as well as a scrap of coral V's mom gave us when we got our sewing machine. These grey and coral flowers would be perfect!

So I stitched some up. I crafted this new beauty by folding a strip on the grey fabric in half and sewing then cinching it into the prettiest little flower. It's my new fabric flower love! With pretty little finished edges, doesn't it look gorgeous?

I made a five other assorted flowers and for this little grey pretty and it's twin made in coral I stitched a little hex nut into the center of the flowers as I liked that look better than the colored buttons I had in my craft bin.  Then stitched them onto the "H" for the perfect little item for my shelf.
Sitting pretty on top of a couple of books! 
Now what to do with the "T"? V wants it covered with comic book images, perhaps I'll appease him and modge podge something up, after all it is for his namesake not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment