Thursday, October 13, 2011

DIY Honeymoon Scrapbook

Here's a quick project that I made for my friend Keli who is getting married on Saturday!! I wanted to make her something because that's how I roll lately. I stumbled upon the envelope album on Pinterest and thought it would be a good idea to make a quick place to journal some of their honeymoon memories as they go (or on a the plane ride home!) as well as stash away some of the paper memories as they go. So here's what I came up with!
I glued the envelope flaps to the back of the next envelope to make chain.



On each card I "calligraphied" the date of the honeymoon and then wrote "Mr:/Mrs:" so they can each journal short thoughts about that day.

On the back of each card I left space to journal what they did, ate, and saw that day.

This is the back of the package all tied up in ribbon with the couple and their destination as well as the dates again.

I used a jewelry clasp to add a little more fanciness to the project to hook the project instead of a bow. I also stamped on the Mr. and Mrs. You can see here how the flaps were glued to the other envelope. If you used the same color envelopes this is less noticeable. :)

I'd like to make myself one of these next. I think I'll do 12 envelopes and use it for keeping memories of the year. Or maybe I'll come up with another idea for how to use it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment