Saturday, February 2, 2013

You Have My Heart

For the last few months I almost exclusively listen to Michigan Radio aka NPR while driving. Which is a majority of my week it seems. A couple of days ago after listening to yet abother foreign policy report that hadn't changed in days I had to change back to some regular tunes and landed on Mojo in the Morning's broadcast.

They were discussing cheating on your significant other and it dawned on me: I do not have one doubt in my mind that Vince will not cheat on me. And that my friends is an exhilarating feeling. It makes me feel so secure and wonderful knowing I married a loyal, honorable man.

But then ad they went on I realized that every man or woman blindsided by infidelity probably relished that same since of security in their relationship because thats what you do when you give your heart fully to another person.

You trust.

And trusting is scary when you have been hurt in the past. But if you dont have faith in the person sitting next to you, the one you promised to walk through life with, you are breaking down your relationship as well.

All of this I guess just made me realize that while we are still very much in the honeymoon stage of marriage,  there is no time like the present to live and love fully, to trust, and to continue to build each other and your relationship up.

No comments:

Post a Comment