Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cleaning it up for Lent

Last night I had dinner with a great friend I met in grad school. Over flat bread pizza, mojitos, and a giant Fat Tuesday warm cookie we talked about life, love, and many of the details that those two encompass.

I left feeling entirely satisfied. Thays sounds odd but honestly I don't make enough time for just me and my girlfriends to sit and reallu talk. This is why we need girls nights. As women we constantly analyze everything and being able to share those with another person who isn't your spouse but who just gets it is truly a wonderful part pf life.

Ok that was a detour from my orignal post topic but is a is an important preface because last night she asked me if I was giving up something for Lent. I hadn't given moich thought to it before then but having thought about it both on my drive home last night and into work this morning I have decided.

For the next six weeks I will be eating vegetarian lunches.

Why? Because I eat crap for lunch. My days generally have my lunch periods at odd hours and often they are short. That meand that far too often I resort to fast food-overprocessed-junkonabun for a quick bite. And you know what, thats not acceptable.

My body and my health are important.  So for forty days I will focus on plant based lunches. Superfoods. Antioxidants.

That's about how long it takes to make a habit stick. Let's see how it goes. I jist had a delicious fresh salad from The Big Salad. Day One is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment