Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Location, location, location.

Turns out that where you locate yourself is not only important in home buying, but also in planning a wedding. During the four short weeks we have been engaged, Vince and I have struggled with the location for our nuptials. First was the debate between a local for us wedding or one that cuts down my Iowa family's drive time. I thought for sure I would be getting married in southwest Michigan at a rustic location. However, after an unprofessional meeting with a venue and several unreturned catering inquiry calls, we went with a local venue that is elegant and classic ans beautiful location. Not what I dreamed and envisioned. But I am in love with the service and price and everything about Laurel Manor and my vision has changed now.

Then it was about the location of our ceremony itself. I didn't love the pricetag of doing our ceremony at LM ($900 for the site only, Ouch!) and I also didn't want to be at the same place all day. I against my better judgement started perusing churches even though I've thought and told everyone I didn't want a church ceremony for months. But that's what you do when you get married, right? Wrong! Not if it doesn't feel right to you. As luck would have it.Vince's family church is unavailable and everywhere else OS astronomically priced so again I searched...

Now nothing is confirmed and I don't want to jinx it before it can happen for real but let me tell you, I am excited! Giddy even about this possibility. Let's all hope that it works out.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment