Thursday, July 12, 2012

Relearning

I'm relearning how to eat. No, it is not a diet. Yes, I hope to loose weight. But even more than learning how to eat I'm learning to listen. To question my reason for what I'm consuming. I'm eating to fuel my body NOT to satisfy bored, anxiety, or sadness that my mind wants me to. It's not easy to admit that I'm an emotional eater. Not easy to accept it. But it is what it is. I care about me. I need to care about my physical AND mental well being. That's what I'm learning to do.
Get the book Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. Read it with an open mind. Personally mine copy is rife with notes in the margins. I'm learning. Even if I forget to ask ky body before I start to eat that bad food, if I catch myself in the middle, maybe next time I'll catch myself in the beginning. Learnings a process and I'm taking the baby steps.
PS thank you Jess of Makeunder My Life for recommending this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment